If you’re looking for a place to find vintage patterns, here are a few of the places I’ve collected them from! You can also collect them from thrift shops and estate sales, but keep in mind that reproduction patterns usually have much easier instructions than true vintage ones.
- Simplicity Vintage Patterns
- McCall’s Archive Collection
- Mrs. Depew Vintage on Etsy
- Va-Voom Vintage Free Pattern Archive
Books To Check Out
- Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing
- Gertie Sews Vintage Casual
- Gertie’s Ultimate Dress Book
- Style Me Vintage: 1940s
- Sew Vera Venus Tap Pants – easily my favorite vintage underwear pattern
- Va-Voom Vintage Bullet Bra Sew Along – bras are surprisingly easy to make! You can find the correct vintage fastenings at Mrs. Depew Vintage above.
- DC Bombshells Wonder Woman – This pattern is a costume, but it’s a great pin-up outfit in any fabric! I added some length to the shorts from this pattern and I looooove them.
- How to Make a Fascinator Hat – I love fascinators. They’re so cute!